It's been awhile since my first post so let's begin with updates...
Last week my mom came to town and was our very first visitor! She flew in on Wednesday and stayed through Sunday. It was SO nice to have her around! We got to take a few nice walk/runs, I gave her a tour of our post, and we even got visit a couple local places I had yet to explore. D was in the field, so we caught up on girly movies and relaxed. Side note: If you haven't seen The Time Traveler's Wife, go rent it. And buy a box of tissues.
For those of you who have been asking for pictures- get excited. We took a few that I will post after they get emailed to me. I shouldn't let you get too excited...there's not too much going on to see. But it will be our starting point right?!
That brings us to baby things...
Earlier last week we had our first baby related appointment other than the initial OB Registration at the hospital that just consisted of paperwork, bloodwork, and finding out that I've gained a solid 6 pounds. (But who's counting? Ugh.)
Anyways, this appointment was pretty cool because aside from the pelvic exam (voms in mouth) we got to hear a heart beat! That actually came first. The doctor started to listen around and we heard static-like noise as he tried find the little sucker. D heard it first. I was anxious that we weren't going to hear anything, but sure enough after a minute of moving around he found the baby and it was loud and clear! It's heartrate was around 140-150, which the doctor said was great. I'm not going to lie, I was a crier. Shocker, right!? D got really excited and said, "I wasn't sure you were really pregnant before, but now I know! I can't wait to call my dad!" Seriously??? I think that was an exaggeration, but you never know with that one...
The rest of the appointment just went over expectations for the next few weeks and questions that I had. We love our doctor, but unfortunately he's leaving before the baby is born. I guess it doesn't matter though, because in a military hospital when you go into labor you'll get the doctor that is working at that time. Kinda scary to think that you may have never seen your doctor prior to delivery, but hey, we know that nurses do all the work anyways. ;)
That brings us up to date! Next week we have our first ultrasound on the 1st and then our next appointment won't be until 16-20 weeks. There should be a lot of changes between now and then, but at this point we're just trying to stay healthy and enjoy it. :)
xo,
H
No comments:
Post a Comment