I think I finally have an excuse for being a bad blogger. :)
There are so many things I think about writing throughout the day, but the moment I get free time I find something else that seems more important, like you know, staring at my baby.
We came home from the hospital Wednesday afternoon and had one of the roughest nights of our lives. Things have really gone up since that night. Grace is getting better at sleeping and thanks to my milk coming in, eating has gotten a lot better too, which contributes to the sleep factor. I won't lie- there have been two mini cry sessions on my part...but I think that not sleeping since Sunday and my raging hormones probably had something to do with those.
I have to give major props to the hubby, who has been the most helpful, hands-on daddy I have ever seen and also a huge thanks to my mom who has seriously kept me from quitting breast feeding multiple times and is the best swaddler in the world. Also- she changed her flight and made it to the hospital just in time for me to start pushing. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect situation. I will definitely be writing up a detailed birth story for Grace, full of TMI moments and uncensored, but really, what else would you expect? I love all of the dirty pregnancy details that I have found out in the last few months.
As for the post pregnancy body...I'll have to share on that too. I may post a week 38 update with a pic of the aftermath. It's really not that bad, but everyone is totally right when they say you leave the hospital looking 5-6 months pregnant. The stomach literally gets flatter every day (thank the sweet baby Jesus) and the el-bees really do "fall off". I'm proud to gloat and say that I've officially lost 20 + lbs since Tuesday and once a little more swelling goes down, I expect that to continue to drop. I also imagine each of my boobs weigh about 5 lbs...haha...no, joke...so that has to factor in too, right?! I feel about 95% normal as far as soreness and getting around, but I'll dive deeper in to that during my delivery story. OH- and p.s. since I'm gloating and all, guess who ended up not having stretchmarks? Thank you for being so early Miss Grace. I totally owe you one someday when you ask for a treat or something.
On to my sweet baby girl. She is the most precious thing I have ever seen in my life. I know every parent says that, but it is so true. I can't wait to see her grow and learn more about her little personality, but for now I can say that she is one tough cookie. She has the strongest little legs I have ever seen on a 7lb anything, she has big slate blue eyes, her daddy's nose and feet for sure, and my mouth and hands. I'm sure it will change daily as she grows, but when I look at her I think it is pretty obvious she is D's child, which works for me, cause he's pretty good looking if I do say so myself. ;) She's also a big eater, which solidifies that fact that she is part of our family. I felt so lucky taking her home from the hospital...it was like, "someone is really giving me a baby to keep?!" We are still in learning mode. I am not quite to the point where I feel like she has always been a part of our lives because it really has taken some adjusting and hard work, but I feel a love and protectiveness for her that are out of this world. I couldn't be happier with my little family.
Speaking of the little one, I have tons of pictures to share, so check back for those. Also, thank you for all of your sweet comments and texts, calls, and emails. I'm slowly trying to get back in to communicating with everyone, so bare with me and know that I really do appreciate every one of your well wishes!
Off to check on the little one...
xo,
H
so happy for you!! Glad things are going well, and everyone is healthy. I can't wait to see pictures of baby Grace :)
ReplyDelete