Friday, September 3, 2010

TGIF

Seriously.

What a week. I hit 34 weeks last Saturday and by Monday, felt like I also had gotten hit by a monster truck. It was shocking what a difference I felt physically and mentally in such a short period of time. I went from being on the go and hitting the gym pretty often to wanting to cry due to sheer exhaustion and passing out before 7:30 pm...only to wake up even more tired the next morning. Getting up every hour on the hour doesn't really equate to a good night's sleep, no matter how long you lay there for.

Then came the sore legs.

I know sore. I know how it feels to recover from a 20 mile run and have every step ache. What I don't know is why I'm feeling the same leg, ankle, and foot pain after doing relatively little the day before. It blows my mind.

I'm puffy. This is not an exaggeration. In fact, I weighed myself last night (like an idiot) and saw that I was 4 pounds heavier than at my doctors appointment a week ago...at which I was 4 pounds heavier than the previous appointment 2 weeks prior. 8+ lbs in 3 weeks? This is bloat at it's finest. If another person tells me I'm not I may strike out and stab them in the eye with a cocktail fork, a la "Hot Tub Time Machine". That is all I will say on that topic.

-End annoying pregnant rant-

I'm not the type to complain, although you wouldn't think that after reading the first portion of this post. I effing love being pregnant- and aside from this week, I've been really good at it. More than being tired and achy and puffy, I'm just annoyed because I really didn't see myself feeling this way for another few weeks. Yes my baby is the size of a 37 weeker at this point, but I really wanted to make it to 37 weeks before I hit a wall. I really can't imagine feeling this way for another 5 ish weeks. So, onto Plan: Pamper Myself Like I'm a Pregnant Heidi Klum. You can call it P.M.L.I.A.P.H.K. for short...

Wednesday night I got an amazing, relaxing, foot rejuvenating pedicure. I may get them weekly from here on out. For realsies. Why not? It's a small price to pay to feel human and walk without a slight limp. I don't even think the hubby will argue, but it really isn't up for discussion at this point, so his opinion doesn't count. (Plus mine counts as 2 right now, so I win every time...muahaha!)

Next, I booked a bikini wax (TMI?) and pregnancy massage for Saturday. Depending on how these both go, they may also become regular occurrences for the next few weeks. Hell, I might throw in a some other fun spa treatments, because if now isn't the time to pamper myself, when is?

I'm going to cut back on the gym- or at least the amount of cardio I've been doing and start walking like there's no tomorrow. That coupled with the absurd amounts of water I will make myself consume should help with the bloat. Plus, I'm going to really start eating as best I can. The more good foods I eat, the better I should start feeling right? Just go with it...I already threw out the Mrs. Field's Cookie Ice Cream sandwiches I bought last night.

My goal is to go to my next appointment in a week and not cry when I see the scale. I'm not trying to lose weight, just cut out some of that puffiness so that my legs don't ache and some of my energy returns. I actually feel better already. I'll attribute some of that to the pedi and some just to the sheer excitement I'm feeling about my first ever massage tomorrow. Let's hope this week was a fluke and I'll be back on the happy preggo train in no time. :)

xo,
H

2 comments:

  1. I think now's definitely the time to pamper yourself! Let me know how the prenatal massage goes.... I need to book one for myself before time runs out! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you just hit "the wall". Sucks, doesn't it? The pedicures will help. I also did them weekly. Sometimes, in between pedicures, I would just go get a 30 minutes lower leg and foot massage because it helped with the swelling AND it just felt good. They generally run $1/minute...check into it. I did because my husband got sick of rubbing my feet! =)

    On the waxing, I was contemplating it until a friend of mine told me that the "area" is super sensitive during this time of your pregnancy and it was the WORST pain she has ever experienced. Just passing that on. I hope yours is painless. I giggle when I think back to wanting to look pretty "down there" because everyone and their mother is stationed down there during your hospital visit. Once I got there, I think I cared for about 2.6 seconds and then I realized that NOTHING can make it pretty when there is blood, guts, fluid and other crap squirting out. Was that TMI? Lol. Maybe next time I'll try some glitter or something. Kidding.

    You are doing great. Don't carry any cocktail forks with you...that sounds dangerous. It's almost over. You can do it. That precious baby will be here soon!

    ReplyDelete