Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Family News

Let me start by stating what I thought would be obvious:

No. I am not pregnant. And frankly, I'm offended so many people asked!

Now that we have that cleared up, onto the real news. We are expanding our family...just with another furry member. Are we crazy? Maybe. But I couldn't say no to my poor husband who is dying for some more testostorone in this house and like a 3rd grader, announced that"all I want for Christmas is another dog. I don't want anything else!" Awkward.

So, let me introduce you to the newcomer, "Major":

We will be getting Major from the same breeder that we used for Molly and will be picking him up a few days after Christmas on our way back to Louisiana from Virginia. Yes. We will be driving 20+ hours with a 3 month old, a dog, and a 6 week old puppy. I will admit, I'm still on the fence about this decision, but the baby has been so easy going and D has promised that he will take care of him. I'll change baby diapers over picking up dog poo any day.

Our first puppy, Molly, is really a part of our little family. We got her a little over a year ago on our first drive from Virginia to Louisiana, just days after we got married and moved our lives to Fort Polk for D's career. I vividly remember holding her tight as we pulled onto post for the first time and realizing that we really had left all of our friends and family behind. It was just the "three" of us. She was my buddy while D worked and I job searched and she was there with me when I found out I was pregnant. Ha! We are those people who are way to into their dog and talk about it like it is a person. I'm sure its obnoxious. I hope this little pup is just as big a part of our family and I will admit that I'm excited for some pictures of my little roly-poly baby with a wiggly pup!

Because I'm such a proud pup mommy, here are some baby Molly pics. I can hear you all squealing over the cuteness from here. ;)





Wish us luck...
xo,
H

1 comment:

  1. Aw! So cute! You're giving me puppy fever (which I already had)!

    ReplyDelete