was EVERY night this past week!
D was out of town so Grace, Molly, and I were left to fend for ourselves all week long. Things went really well baby-wise, but I will say that I have a new appreciation for single moms...you are just constantly going 24/7 without a break. I probably averaged 5 or 6 hours of interrupted sleep a night, and not because G didn't sleep well, but because I needed a couple hours after she went down and before she woke up to prep for the following day and have a little "me" time. Me time includes getting bottles ready for daycare, chugging coffee, pumping, getting my work gear ready, packing gym clothes, and making sure the dog was fed and went out once or twice, and trying to remember to brush my teeth.
All in all, the week was a super success. I have had time with just me and the girls while D has been gone in the past, but this was the first time I felt like I rocked it. I turned into that mom. I was able to work full-time, spend mornings and evenings and all day long over the weekend lovin' on my baby. I turned up the domestic goddess heat by trying 2 new recipes, made it to the gym 5 out of 7 days, I baked holiday cookies for the staff at Grace's daycare, and put together little gift bags for her two "teachers". I'm bragging right now and guess what? I don't care. This is my blog where I can brag if I wanna brag! ;) This past week was exactly what I needed in the "new mom confidence" department. Being a mother, wife, and woman with a career is tough, but this week was a nice little reminder that I CAN do it all, even if it takes awhile to get it down. Don't get me wrong- I'm anxiously awaiting my hubby's return right now, vegging on the couch with an excessively large glass of wine, I'm just sayin' it was nice to find out it can be done solo. One day D will probably have to deploy and we will have a lot longer to fend for ourselves, but for now we'll consider this a small victory.
We had several photo shoots this week...ha! Here are some of the bests:
As a single mother I gotta say I respect you as a
ReplyDeleteWorking mother!!
You really do it all
You are doing a great job:)