Monday, March 28, 2011

Monday Updates

Happy Monday!

D gets back from the field this evening and we are so excited to have him home. Our girls weekend was fab, but completely exhausting. Nothing ever goes as planned with a little one, does it? Making a plan is just like tempting the babe not to cooperate. Needless to say, there was no wall painting- but I did get primer and pick out a color! I'm going to try to prime tonight and paint Tuesday or Wednesday, so look out for that update.

As for pictures, let's just say that Miss Grace has a hardcore case of "Stranger Danger"...turning our seemingly quick and easy ghetto photo sesh into 2 hours of pure torture and tears that resulted in 1 photo that turned out semi-decent. Oh, and that was out of 5 that the photographer took. The rest showcase her frozen in terror or clinging to me like a baby koala. It was sad. I'll give it to G, the photographer was not too easy on the eyes...maybe that was it? Ha! I did buy the semi-decent shot...I'm sure we will look back and laugh one day. We had driven an hour to get pics done and had other errands planned, but after that experience, I decided to throw in the towel and just head home. Grace had fallen asleep in my arms and started screaming the moment I tried to get her in her stroller or the car seat, so we were in need of naps and the comfort of our own, safe, stranger-free home. In other news, her second tooth on the bottom is definitely coming in. It may have cut this morning, so that could also add to the clingy-ness that was yesterday.

We skyped with Nana for a little bit and that's about the extent of our Sunday. I ended the evening too tired to even put in the effort to pour a glass of wine. I may or may not have even shed a few tears thinking about having to go to work this week and end our weekend time. As long a day as it is when it is just G and I, I would do it every day if I could. Love is a strange thing, huh? I'd rather wipe poopy butts and clean spit up off of our couch then sit quietly at my desk with a big old Starbucks coffee keeping me company. My goal is to be a work-at-home mom. Hopefully someday I will be able to balance both and figure out how to have Grace and her future siblings at home without missing a deadline or daily conference calls. There is just no way to do it right now. Grace demands all of my attention when we are both home and it wouldn't be fair to work for me to do a half-assed job. Quitting isn't an option. A. I really enjoy what I do and B. We aren't willing to make the financial sacrifice. We'd like to have a nice down payment for a house in a couple years and comfy savings accounts. One day, right?

I need to do an exercise update...just thinking aloud here. I'll get to that at some point this week. We have my dad coming into town this weekend to visit with us and are looking forward to that. Let's hope Grace doesn't go all stranger ballistic on him too. Eeek! That's about it for now...except wait! let's make this post even more random...

Would you be super offended if your husband got a wedding invitation in the mail from a girl he went to college with, never dated, but was kind of like a little sister to him...and addressed the card to "D and Guest"?!?! Umm...hello? I am his wife who you know exists and am the one that is pretty much responsible for making sure a wedding gift gets sent to you on our behalf. (Let's face it...if you want to rely on my husband to get you a gift to an event he is not going to attend, it will either not be done or be some sort of random thing he found to be hilarious on your registry. Wait. Scratch that...there is no way he'd take the time to look at a registry.)

Back to the point.

Even if someone else helped with the invites- they had the return address of the groom's parents and said the "Groom's parents request the pleasure of your company"- it's still weird that she didn't include my name on some sort of guest list to them, right?!?! I was livid when I opened the mail. And yes. I opened the mail addressed to D. It was all lovey looking and I found that to be awkward and had to follow through to see who was sending my hubby inappropriate mail. Haha! Anyways, guess I've beat this story into a pulp. Just wanted to throw it out there and make sure I'm not a crazy person. D seemed to think that there was a valid explanation. I disagree and think it is not only extremely rude, but in poor taste. What do you say? I won't be mad if you disagree with me. Promise!

Alright, have a good week everyone!

xo,
H

2 comments:

  1. Umm.. that's weird about the invite! I say you have D respond and say "My WIFE whose name is ______ are unable to attend" ... NO gift or get something monogramed with the husbands name and "guest" on the other item.. ahahahah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I open D's mail all the time - and more specifically when it's a handwritten address. You're not crazy!

    ReplyDelete