Friday, June 1, 2012

Happy Friday!

I am so out of it blog-wise this week. I guess things are pretty quiet around here so there's not much to talk about. Here are some randoms for you about the little things going on:

  • Don't laugh, but I gave into the hype and read 50 Shades of Grey. And then Fifty Shades Darker. And then Fifty Shades Freed. In 3 days. Not great writing, kinda cheesy, but I couldn't put them down. Total lazy summer reads. (On that note...anyone want the books? I have 3 paperbacks I'd be happy to send someone's way.)
  • Last week I got my eyebrows threaded on a whim, and I couldn't be happier with the results. It took literally 3 minutes and I didn't have crazy post-waxing breakouts. They still look awesome over a week later. I hope I keep up with this.

  • Grace finally says please. It sounds like "PEASE" and it is the cutest thing I've ever heard. Especially when accompanied by more. "Moh pease!" Super cute. Now we just need to get her to say it without us prompting.

  • D is headed to Buckhead (right near Atlanta), to hang out with one of his good friends tomorrow night. Part of me hates being apart over the weekend because it's our family time, but the other part is looking forward to watching a chick flick, drinking wine, and having the bed all to myself. Sort of pumped.

  • Speaking of D (and he's going to kill me for saying this)- you know you're an old man when you decide you need a pair of man crocs to wear for "things around the house"...you know- taking the dogs outside, washing the car- man stuff. I bought him a pair as a joke and he LOVES them. I even let him wear them to Sam's Club last week. How generous of me, right? ;)

  • Paleo Challenge is over and I'm just back to eating clean (for the most part). I've definitely learned some things and made some small changes based on Paleo eating. I only do Almond Butter and Almond Milk now...honestly, I prefer the taste and it doesn't make my stomach hurt. We also really like Ezekial bread and that keeps me feeling great as well.  I lost 3 pounds and measurement changes were pretty minimal, the biggest difference was around my waist, which was a great indicator of how much food really affects your waistline. Ever hear the saying "Abs are made in the kitchen"? I completely agree.
Hope everyone has a great weekend. See ya next week!

xo,
H

4 comments:

  1. Hello, I want to read them! Ha ha when I finally get time that is. If you really wanna give me up email me. I also need housing suggestions. We are leaving here in October, and I am freaking out.
    Heather.fox2405@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Umm I would love the 2nd and 3rd book to borrow! That's what we are reading for the book club I am in :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't gotten around to reading them yet, but definitely need to! I have a feelig the library may not have them... Or I might not have the nerve to ask ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha Dil swears by his man crocs too :) And I'm all about the almond butter and coconut milk ever since we did our Clean diet last year....

    ReplyDelete