Lots of things going on in these parts...
First, my *good news* job from several weeks ago officially came through yesterday! It is an amazing offer and I'm really looking forward to being challenged at work again and I dunno, making more than minimum wage. Ha, jk, Louisiana isn't that bad...
To celebrate D is taking me out to Mexico Lindo tonight...he's well aware that Mexican is my favorite treat food ever. What a smart husband. I might even get crazy and have a virgin margarita (do they even make those?)! So excited. My last day of work at the current place of employment is next Tuesday and I'll have a few days off to regroup before beginning the new one on Monday June 21st. I'll have more details as to the job description later, but it sounds like I'll be on a management team for the same project I used to work with at my old job in VA. Only real difference is that I'll be working for the government rather than as a contractor. Read: job security. Like I said, more details on that after I get started and figure everything out.
In baby news, I got a call from my doctor yesterday with the results of our ultrasound, which I hadn't been expecting. I thought I'd hear about them at our appointment next Friday, but it was nice to get a call. The ultrasound showed normal anatomy and normal growth, as well as appropriate interval growth between April and now when we had the first one sonogram. Also, it showed a normal anatomic survey. One thing they did find, however, was evidence of a nuchal cord, meaning the cord is wrapped around the baby's head or neck area. Most of the time this resolves on it's own, aka- the baby wiggles around and it moves, but to monitor it we get to schedule another ultrasound that will take place in about 4 weeks. On the plus, we get to see Miss M again when she's a little chunkier and on the negative, I'm sure I'll worry about it for the next month.
I actually did some research about it last night and found out that nuchal cords are pretty common, about a third of pregnancies have them and those are just the ones that know about it because of an ultrasound. Right now it's just business as usual around here because her heart rate was normal. If it is still wrapped at the next ultrasound they will probably want to follow-up again to see how things progress as we get closer to birth. At birth, depending on the stress level of the baby, they will either leave it be or try to unwrap it or even cut it as she's being born. I'm sure I'll ask a million questions and find out more about that next Friday, so more to come.
Other than that semi-concerning news, things around here are great. It's been a long week, but it is finally oveerrr. Next week should be a breeze too now that I have a two day work week. :) I've been going to the gym literally every day for the past couple of weeks and I feel better than ever. I've been going to bed pretty early too- so apologies if it's taken me forever to answer an email or text sent later in the evening, but it has really helped with my energy during the day. I'm not even worried about the Week 23 weight update this week, because I know that anything I do see is going to just be baby or retaining fluid. I will definitely try to keep this up as long as I'm feeling up to it because I'm sure there will be third trimester days where the gym just won't happen. For now, everything is going well.
This weekend is going to be used for errand running...which involves us driving an hour to the nearest commercial area. We also need to get serious about baby furniture, because some brands take anywhere from 6-12 weeks to get in and that is starting to cut it close! I'll let you know what we find on Monday and I'll try to get real update pictures this week. Have a good weekend everyone!
xo,
H
No comments:
Post a Comment