Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Last Day of Work...(at the old job)

I realized I never did a weekend recap, so here's a quickie:
Not only did I get my Mexican night on Friday, but D and I had such a good time together getting the first of our girl's goodies on Saturday. :)

We hit up Starbucks bright and early and drove to Alexandria (no not VA, sadly), Louisiana to do a Target and Petsmart run. I remembered that there was an Old Navy nearby, so D and I decided to see if they had any infant stuff in store...anddd theyyyy didddd! Why are things so much cuter the littler they are? We just stocked up on some basics, but I will show you a picture of something we bought in size 6-12 mo. for next summer:



Ahhh...love the ruffles and I think it is cuter in person. I can't wait to find a two-piece too. Is that tacky? I just think nothing is more adorable than a chubby little belly sticking out of a baby bikini, haha. D kept picking up the little suit and saying, "I can't believe that we are going to have someone small enough to fit in this!". It's pretty crazy to think about.

We also figured out what brand we are going to use for our travel system- aka stroller and car seat. My mom suggested looking at Chicco after seeing quite a few at the hospital. She said that they seemed to fit new little babies snugly and were less difficult to operate than some of the others that she has seen, so we checked them out and think we are set!
Not sure how I feel about the pink, but it does come in plenty of other colors...including Lime Green! We will probably pick something that we can reuse on Miss M's future siblings. :)

In addition to a basic stroller, I'm totally in the market for a jogger, so I'll let you all know what I dig up in that category. I can't wait to get back to getting my run on. I tried to keep it up as long as I could, but at the gym this weekend I definitely felt some pressure in my lower belly from the bouncing and decided that it might be time to just stick to the elliptical and StairMaster for cardio.

D has been really sweet trying to help keep me motivated. He even went to the gym with me at 5pm on Sunday after already swimming and biking that afternoon because he could tell I was whiny and wanted a buddy. Haha...poor guy. He is really coming around to the whole blogging thing. Sometimes he will do something nice and then jokingly be like, "Make sure you add that to your blog, so everyone knows what a good husband I am!" He even says that he may make a guest appearance one of these days, so watch out! ;)

Alright, back to the grind for a few more hours and then its long weekend time so I can start getting my life in order before the new job begins. I'll post more this week...I have news about a little visit in early August that is in the works and of course my 24 week appointment Friday!

xo,
H

No comments:

Post a Comment