I always talk about how I need more hours in the day...and yesterday, I got one! ;) I also got super motivated and managed to finally clean out my entire closet, drawers, and other various places my clothes were hiding. 9 pairs of shoes and two trash bags full of clothes later, donations were made and I have a clean room.
D is thrilled, but is also taking bets on how soon I will revert back to my messy ways. I'm determined to make it to move day mess-free and hopefully stay like that after we get to our new place. There is really no excuse for my clothes hoarding based on how few times a week I have to actually wear something presentable. Plus- the fun part- now I know exactly what I need wardrobe-wise and can make smart purchases. I hate the feeling of "I don't have anything to wear" and hope to eventually get to a place where I have a nice, adult wardrobe and don't get frantic every time an event comes up. I'm getting there and I think I'm finally starting to find my own sense of style. For now, I'm pretty sure I'm putting myself on a spending freeze until after the move and Christmas shopping. Plus, we'll be in suburbia for several weeks over the holidays where I'll make the most of being in civilization. (YAY!)
Speaking of the move...this time next month, we will have movers in our house! Last night my mom and I booked her flight here and she will be joining Grace and I for our drive to Georgia (while D drives the other car with the dogs). I was feeling a little anxious about the 10+ hour drive turning into a nightmare, but with Nana in tow, Grace will have a backseat buddy and I have a feeling it will be a quick trip! We are SO appreciative of the help.
Between now and then, time will fly...here's a quick peek at some of our highlights:
Nov. 11 - D's B-day/Veteran's Day
Nov. 17 - Major's 1st b-day...ok, this is not really a huge deal, but we do recognize our dog's birthdays. Haha- I know you're thinking it: "Loserrrssss!" It's okay. We know. :)
Nov. 24 - Thanksgiving
Nov. 28 - Our 2 year Anniversary
Nov. 30 - Hail and Farewell...D will be farewelled this time!
Dec. 6-8 - Movers pack and move our things
Dec. 9 - Final walkthrough/Out of house
Dec. 10 - On the road!!!
I think we are all ready to move on. Me, to a new location....D, to a new job or phase of his career...the dogs, to a place with a dog park (no really...they have one!), and Grace...well, she's pretty easy going right now, but I think she'll be happy with some changes too!
Thank you for your hair input on my last post. I think I'm going to take the plunge, and worst case? It grows back. I'm going to wait a couple of weeks so that I am not due to go back in over the holidays or while we are in the middle of moving and settling in, but I'll be sure to share pics!
Here's to a great week, everyone!
xo,
H
No comments:
Post a Comment