It's safe to say it went well and Grace is becoming even more adjusted to meeting "new" people. Not that grandparents are "new", but when you live far away and visits are only every few months, I'm sure it feels new to her. In fact, G has become quite the chatterbox, which I'll touch on more after her 18 month check-up tomorrow.
Till then I'll leave you with HUGE Grace news. Not so huge if you gchat with me, as I've been bragging all day.
So. Grace has become increasingly aware of "going to the potty" and enjoys carrying around her potty book and reading it to everyone. Not awkward at all. ;) In addition to telling me if she's gone, just recently she started walking into the bathroom to the toilet and pointing. On Sunday I asked her if she wanted to sit on the big potty and held her there while she attempted to pull toilet paper off the roll. She knows the drill. She didn't go, but since she is so interested we went out and got her very own potty yesterday and she was very excited to test it out. She spent a solid 30 minutes last night sitting on it, checking if anything was in the bowl, and sitting some more. Nothing more than that. We brought it up to my bathroom and this morning while I was getting ready (and Grace usually does her "make-up" too), she decided she wanted to use the potty again. I got her prepped, she climbed up on there and then...
she did it. Immediately. It was the weirdest/most awesome thing ever! I cheered and practically threw her a bathroom party and Miss Thang acted like she'd been peeing on the potty for years and could care less.
So as of now, I wouldn't say we are officially potty training, but we are definitely going to continue letting her decide if she wants to use the "big girl potty" and encouraging her when she does. We'll see where it goes and what happens. No pressure....although apparently she doesn't need any.
And that is how you write an entire post about pee. Booyah.
xo,
H
HAHAHA This made me crack up! Potty training is so tiresome, so if she really is just going to do it then you are the luckiest person I know. I am dreading potty training again. That is awesome though!
ReplyDeleteGreat pee post ;) Way to go Grace!! Emmy sits on her potty, too. She's gone several times, but I haven't pushed it yet. I'm still deciding if I want to do the whole lock-yourself-in-the-house-for-two-weeks and be done with it, or let her do it on her own. I've heard success stories either way. For now, she goes before bath time.
ReplyDeleteGlad she had such a great time with her Pops! Can't wait to hear all about her chattering :)
Ahhh that is awesome! Go Grace!
ReplyDeleteThis post made my life. I can totally envision the bathroom party!
ReplyDeleteBahaha you are the coolest mom ever ;) And Way to Go Grace!!
ReplyDelete