Monday, April 23, 2012

Move News/Weekend Update

Sorry to leave you hanging Friday. It was a busy day and was full of antcipation. After weeks of waiting, we finally got word on our next duty station...but not until 4:45pm that afternoon. Way to leave us in suspense until the very last minute, Army! ;)

We were beyond excited to find out that our next move will be to Fort Stewart, GA...which happens to be right around the corner from Savannah.

It was my first choice and ended up being the best fit for D, career wise, so a win-win for us all. Obviously we celebrated in style...

Sangria Marg. YUM.

My fiesta necklace and shorts hah

Saturday D and I got a nice little run in while Grace went to daycare for an hour. It was quick and definitely something we need to try to do more often. Working out together is one of my favorite things to do with D. Maybe once the little one can ride a bike or deal with the jogging stroller we can make it more of a habit. She's going through a very "wiggly/hates the stroller" phase. It's fun.

The rest of the day was our usual weekend routine, ending with D having a guys night, which left Grace and I hanging solo. We had snacks, relaxed, and after G's bedtime, I tacked this:


I was actually excited to organize and clean out my closet and am happy to report there are no longer heaps of clothing on the chair and in front of my dresser. Nice.

I almost forgot! I wore the green pants finally and I sort of love them and want more colors now. Red or yellow maybe?!



Finally, we went to the aquarium yesterday and it was so much fun. Grace lit up as soon as we walked in and was just so in awe of everything from the displays to the lighting. It really was so pretty. Then we went to the dolphin show, where she was terrified by a singing man, light show, and loud thunder noises. Apparently dolphin shows now compete with broadway plays and they are intense. After scarring Grace for life, we saw the rest of the aquarium, had a minor meltdown over a ZBar (Cliff Bar for kids), and decided it was time to head home. Not before stopping for ice cream, but that was more a reward for D and I making it through the day. ;)



Hope everyone had a nice weekend! I'm going to try to make it through the week without wasting ALL of my time house hunting online. (Just some of it...)

xo,
H

6 comments:

  1. Yay! That is very exciting. Not gonna lie, the suspense was getting to me :) Congratulations and enjoy house hunting!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! I have heard good things about Stewart! You totally pull the pants off. I was telling my husband how he should be thankful that I have no fashion sense otherwise I would blow all our money. Haha. I have also been house hunting. Only problem being we still have 4 months. Ugh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Already planning the road trip! Here we comeeee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yesssssss road trip to savannah! im with jen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you're the second Mama who said that their child hated that dolphin show. my weirdo kid liked that better than anything at the aquarium! ha! and you'll love savannah. that's my hometown and i miss it terribly. i escape back there as often as possible!

    ReplyDelete