Thursday, April 19, 2012

Rando's

  • Thanks for the sippy cup/bottle feedback. We are officially on Day 2 of NO bottles and it is going swimmingly. Knocking out the morning bottle seems to have made things easier. Out of sight, out of mind.

  • We now have a sippy cup lover who is partial to the type of cup AND color. Favorite? Purple, of course. I don't think I've mentioned it before, but Grace loves the color purple. She picks the purple crayon, prefers purple chalk, and purple clothes... ;)

  • Our "big news" that I promised to not harp on, about where we move next, should come no later than tomorrow. I can't believe it has taken this long to find out...I guess D is just part of a large class and it is taking forever to assign everyone a duty station. No matter the outcome we plan on celebrating with a Mexican fiesta. Obviously. It's sort of our thing.

  • The paleo challenge is going really well. Today is day 4. I've had awesome workouts each day, eaten some seriously delish food, and am down to one cup of coffee a day...a habit I'd actually like to kick. Today is my off day for crossfit, so I'll be running on my lunch break and have a free afternoon.

 
  • Best WOD (Workout of the Day) this week?
    • 10 rounds for time:
      • 100 meter lunges
      • 100 meter running backwards
      • 10 wall balls, down to squat
My legs have been on FIRE since Tuesday...and I love it. We did this outside so the run backwards ended up being on an incline and the wall balls were with a 15 lb medicine ball thrown up in the air. Looks easy...took me 37 minutes and I was one of the faster times. Crazy!

  • We have a family date this weekend at the Atlanta Aquarium and I think I am more excited than D and Grace. Typical.

  • Hope to have some good news for you all tomorrow about the next phase of our family's adventure! (Eeeeekkk! So excited!!!)
xo,

H

2 comments: