- I consider the day a success if I haven't used my credit or debit card for anything. No Starbucks, no running into the grocery store for "just one thing", no nothing. It rarely happens these days and I'm thinking I might need some sort of intervention.
- On that same topic, I often forget what I have ordered online and am surprised when packages arrive. I love surprises! This, however, doesn't work so well when I forget what I have already bought for Grace's Fall clothes and have to hunt around my inbox for order confirmations. Oops.
- D has been sleeping on the couch since his arm surgery. The couch is the only way he claims to be comfortable enough to sleep. I know it's not just that he doesn't want to share a bed with me, because we have a very comfy guest bed available too. Honestly? It's been FANTASTIC. I sleep better, my covers aren't ruined in the morning (I hate when people pull the comforter all over the place! Pet peeve.), and I can move my legs to the cool side of the bed if I get too warm. I ask him when he will feel up to coming back, which makes him think I miss sharing...but really it's to gauge how many more solo sleep nights I have!
- Ever since I started working at home, I wash my hair only 2-3 times a week. Once being on Tuesday nights before I have to go into work the next day. Some people look great when they don't wash their hair frequently...I do not.
- The above also applies to leg shaving. Sorry 'bout it.
- My above eyebrow area breaks out for about 5 days every time I get my brows waxed...but I continue doing it anyways because spending 5 minutes getting hair ripped out and paying for it with gross skin for a few days every month seems easier than having to pluck them once a week. I am the laziest person I know.
...enough about my hygiene (or lack thereof)....
- D and I recently agreed on 2 boy and 2 girl names we both like. We only want to have one more baby (still down the road at least a year), but sometimes I hope we decide to have a third...because we have really good names that sound so cute with Grace. ;)
- Sometimes I look at Grace while she's cuddled on my lap drinking her bedtime bottle and get teary-eyed just thinking about how lucky I am that she belongs to me. I couldn't be more proud to be her mommy. And now I'm teary again.
- I joke about how much our dog Major annoys me to no end...but after reading The Art of Racing in the Rain (great book), I make sure I give him snuggles and tell him he's a good boy every night. During the day...well it's business as usual, we remain arch enemies.
- One of my goals this month is to get back to church as a family. We've been terrible, including our baptism plans for Grace. I'm determined to remedy this and start making church a priority in our home.
- I am always living for some sort of future goal..."I'll lose those 5 last pounds by ___", "I will feel settled in our home once we move in ____", "I'll get better at cooking dinner 5 nights a week when Grace is ___." I'm really starting to annoy myself. I need to focus on things in the present and not put them off or decide they will be a certain way in the future. I don't know if that makes sense to anyone other than me?
These are my confessions....it feels good to get them off my chest. It also feels good to sing the Usher song while I'm typing this out. You are welcome for getting it stuck in your head today. Now fess up, what are yours? :)
xo,
H
1. I too, have now found a soft spot in my heart for our dog, Bailey, after reading The Art of Racing in the Rain. I know that one day when Champ is no longer around, we'll be thankful for her. Sigh...
ReplyDelete2. I do the same thing when it comes to starting new things/activities along the lines of a "tomorrow diet" (aka I'll star my diet tomorrow). However, some of the biggest successes I've had are from when I start them spur of the moment and don't wait for fill-in-the-blank to happen before I start. The hard part is getting to that point of "now or never" mentality. Ugh!