Apologies for the lack of updating this week...we are less than a week away from our little girl's 1st birthday and exactly 2 weeks away from our trip home to Virginia to celebrate with family and friends. It's been pretty busy around here! The good news is Grace's party seems to be coming together nicely, work is getting done, workouts are taking place, and we seem to be moving right along. The bad news? My to-do list is still a mile and a half long...but I do love lists, so maybe it's not so bad after all. :)
Here's a sneak peek of a picture project I'm working on for her party. The plan is to edit and print a picture from each of the last 12 months, back them with some cute scrapbook paper and either create a banner style display or frame them across the mantle at my mom's house - aka the party location. These are rough, I'm just getting acclimated to using Picnik.
I haven't done a workout post in awhile, so here's a little update on that topic:
- Found a running group training for a half marathon that is local (yay!)
- Found out Nov. 20th (date of race) coincides with D being gone for work (boo.)
- Decided that there was no way I could wake up to drive an hour, run 13+ miles, and then drive another hour home, all the while either finding a sitter to drop of G with or bringing someone with me to hang out with her for 2 hours while I run. There is just no way.
- Bagged the Fall half marathon idea, but continue to run
- Also continue to take spin classes 2+ times a week and D joins me during the week!
- Have started adding family walks in the evening if time/weather permits. Only one dog joins us. Guess who stays home?
Hint: Major.
In other news, that doesn't relate to anything, but I'm obsessed with it- I got D to agree to this bed frame for when we upgrade to a King size:
It's the Collette bed by Crate and Barrel and it makes me really happy to look at. It also makes me happy that I have about a year to save up and ask for C&B giftcards for our birthdays and Christmas. ;)
On a fashion note: Is it just me, or do mom's lose the ability to dress themselves after having a child? I can whip up an outfit for Grace in 2 minutes. I already have more than enough outfits for her planned for our upcoming trip (and they are SO stinking cute I may have to share). When it comes to myself, however, I am just at a loss. I can pick pieces, but I royally suck at putting anything decent together. This is frustrating to not only me, but also D, who has run out of any patience he may have once had for me taking a long time to get ready. Am I the only one out there who has an issue with this!?
And on that note, this post has turned into a rambling mess so I'll go ahead and wrap it up.
Alright ladies, hope you all are having fantastic weeks and getting excited for FRIDAYYYY! I am. :) I'll be back tomorrow with (hopefully) more than just a stream-of-thoughts post. Catch ya later!
xo,
H



ahh the photos are cute!!! I can't wait for her birthday party!!!!!! :) ...looking forward to seeing all 3 of you then!!! xoxo
ReplyDelete