Thursday, October 27, 2011

Hello, hello!

Happy Monday Thursday, everyone! Yes, this was my Monday post that ended up not getting done. We were surprised with a couple of unexpected house guests for a few days this week and since the desktop is in the guestroom, I have been a little MIA. Here's a weekend recap...and hopefully more later today!

On Saturday we had the best little family outing that we've had in awhile. Our morning got of to somewhat of a lazy start when I discovered my legs didn't want to work after that new class I tried out the day before.

P.S. I'm an idiot. It wasn't called Body Pump...it was Boot Camp. It's all making more sense now.

I felt the burn of  long lost muscles in my legs, some I didn't even know existed...but like I said in my last post- love it! I've even got D convinced to meet me next time I go on his lunch break to see what all the fuss is about. Should make for a fun little class, haha. (And hopefully he doesn't just breeze through it and decide I'm a wimp!)

Back to Saturday. I decided to forgo spin class for a quick treadmill walk and some abs, followed by a nice dose of Advil. We decided to make our way to the zoo around 2pm, after the little one's nap, and do some errands and grab any early dinner out while in town. The zoo went over MUCH better this time. Grace was definitely entertained...but after about 45 minutes she was getting antsy. Girlfriend does not really love being strapped down to the stroller and mommy's arms were starting to get tired, which resulted in some whiny-ness...from both of us. D tried to carry Grace for awhile, but after maybe about 5 minutes, it was back to wanting me. It's tough to be so in demand. ;) Luckily, the zoo is pretty small, so we finished walking through and ran a couple quick errands. D purchased his annual over-the-top Christmas sweater from the JCPenny American Living Collection and is pumped. Behold:



Back story - D insisted on wearing one of these to our big family Christmas at my Nanny's house the year we got married and thought he was being hilarious. Nobody knew that he was joking and I'm pretty sure one of the males in my extended family wore something similar (obviously not thinking it was funny), so he did not get the reaction he had anticipated. This has not deterred him from buying a new one every year since...and this year, since he now has three, he's convinced my two brothers to wear them as well and really make a statement. My brothers are in college and basically dress like hobos, so I think D's hoping the humor won't be lost this year. We shall see...

I'm really turning this weekend into a much longer recap then it deserves....but moving on...we made our way to Outback for dinner. We haven't really gone out lately because the little lady has less than stellar manners and gets "over" the whole highchair confinement really quickly. Still, we took our chances on Saturday and it went far better than expected. Grace was awesome the whole time...smiling sweetly at other patrons, waving, eating everything we put in front of her, and literally was the best behaved child in the whole place. I don't think we are going to test our luck anytime soon, but it was nice to know that we CAN go out every once in awhile, both eat our meals, have nice conversation, and not worry about who is going to go retrieve the thrown toy or apologize for all of the food under the table... ;)

Sunday we had a morning walk around my usual 2.2 mile golf course loop and grabbed Starbucks and some groceries on our way home. The rest of the day is a blur...between football on the T.V., playing outside with puppies, and practicing our walking inside, it was a good day that ended with a home cooked meal, bathtime for the little one, and lots of snuggles.

I know it's already almost the end of the week, but hope everyone has had a good one! I'll be back again with more details on our visitors and a recipe~!

xo,
H

No comments:

Post a Comment