Thursday, January 19, 2012

Where the magic happens

Umm, no, not the Master Bedroom. I didn't mean that kind of magic. More like where meal plans are made (sort of), blogs are typed, and coffee is chugged...

So today, we focus on the office. Obviously by focus on, I mean you give me ideas on how to finish this very blah space. Thank you in advance. :)

As soon as you step into our house, the "office" is located on the right.


Here I am looking at it straight on from the hall.

Below you will see that the pantry is literally 5 feet away from me ALL day. It's an issue. It also makes my trips to the Keurig super convenient.

From the far end of the room you can see through to the kitchen.
<>


Here's the other wall.
 It has windows that create a glare on my screen every day.


This is my newest "pretty". It makes me smile.



TJ Maxx score.
Kinda low for the scale of the room, but she works for now.



World Market Dining Chairs which read as Sage.

I thought I needed to feminize D's black desk (maybe I'll paint it on day), by softening up the rest of the furniture. Yes, those are the infamous dog, baby, dog pictures in the hall...they need reframing, but I love seeing them from my desk everyday.



Pinned Image
Potential color scheme?

I'd love to keep things soft and calm and infuse some coral maybe? Also, if anyone would like to get me this bouquet, that would be fine too. ;)
So now what?

I'm thinking some pictures on the wall to the left of the pass through to the kitchen. Maybe a buffet or some sort of low dresser under them for storage and fun accent pieces? I want curtains, but convincing D to put more unnecessarily holes in this temporary home will be a toughie. I'd love some muted pattern up there though. I hate the lighting, but that's not going to change, at least until we have a house of our own that I can do something fun in.

Until then, any ideas would be totally appreciated. I'm one of those people who sees ideas everywhere and loves looking at pretty things and then have no clue on how to piece it together. I have this terrible bi-polar style that falls somewhere between classic and contemporary and want a home that looks warm and comfortable with cool colors and fun prints.

xo,
H

3 comments:

  1. Hi.
    I think you have a GREAT wall right behind your desk. And, when you look straight on from the hallway...you're eyes want to wander up a bit. I think you should create a big, fun gallery wall of photos. Since the wall is so huge, I'd use 8x10 frames or larger...and incorporate that awesome circular mirror. I think it'd help make the wall the focal point of the room. Then, you wouldn't notice that the chairs are small in scale to the room.
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did they hook you up with a monitor or are you just working straight from your laptop? Having a monitor that you could turn away from the window in the direction of the kitchen can really cut down on the glare. Obviously, I'm speaking from home office glare experience ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I love all of your furniture and accessories! Just my style! And I agree with the first commenter, a gallery wall would be gorgeous! And a big print in your color scheme would be pretty too. Can't wait to see more of the house!

    ReplyDelete