Monday, September 24, 2012

Monday Check-in

Hey there! I know I owe weekend details and birthday pics, but that's going to have a wait a couple of days. (If you want a sneak peek, go here. Maddie took some great pics!) It's been a long day already and the week is just getting started.

That being said- spoiler alert- our weekend was pretty great. No worries there. :)

We had Grace's 2 year appt this morning and somehow I got the time mixed up. I could have sworn it was scheduled for 10:20 (so we arrived around 10:05) and found out it was actually set for 10:50. Whoopsies. Luckily, Grace was in a great mood, we played, met a new friend, took a walk around the shopping center our appointment was in, and even found a little Paint Your Own Pottery place and had some fun! I felt like an awesome mom, because obviously this totally made up for us messing up our appointment time...and at least we were early and not late!

Masterpiece in progress

Time passed and it was 11 and we still hadn't been called back, so I went to see if that was going to happen anytime soon. I'm no fool...it's lunch time, which is followed by nap time, and I knew things were going to go south quickly if we didn't get out of there in the next 30 minutes or so.

Guess what?

They never checked us in...or somehow messed it up when I went up and checked us in at 10:05...so we waited and waited and nobody important even knew we were there. Cue angry pregnant hormones.

Finally we got led back at around 11:20, by the world's bitchiest nurse and Grace was pissed. I mean, this lady was terrible, and just trying to manhandle her to get her temp and blood pressure, etc. Things just went downhill from there, so I'll spare you the gory details and just wrap things up with our obligatory McD's lunch on our way home for nap time. Mom of the Year is so far out of my reach right now...you have no idea. Anyways, G is still sleeping, Mommy is pseudo working (and may have eaten a leftover birthday cupcake) and I think we are just going to have an easy rest of the day to make up for our horrific morning. Luckily my kid will probably be over it by the time she wakes up here soon. She's great like that.

Playing with a bday present from Pops :) 

Hope everyone else is having a better Monday than we are! BLAH.


xo,
H

1 comment:

  1. How could anyone ever be rude to that sweet little face?!

    ReplyDelete