Piggly Wiggly?
Not so much.
Anyways, all of that to say that one day D came home from the Piggly Wiggly with an umbrella he acquired. I can't remember if he actually spent money on it (I hope not) or if it was a giveaway or something, but basically we were the
| Super redneck logo |
It got a home in our hallway closet, hidden away, and was never used. Until this week, when it POURED for days and I discovered I had a toddler who freaks out and asks to change her clothes if she so happens to have one single drop of rain fall upon her dainty leggings...or shirt...or hand (in which case it turns into a boo boo). If her blanket or toys get wet in route to or from the car? I have to dry them off for her. She refuses to deal with them.
Awesome right?
In a panic on the way to school one morning I couldn't find any of our basic black umbrellas, so I rolled my eyes, reached for the redneck umbrella, and got us on our way. When G saw that pig logo on the side of our new umbrella, well she was smitten. I should have known. She now requests the umbrella come with us places and looks forward to the rain so that we have an excuse to use it. In fact, she prefers to hold it herself...which works for me, because generally I'm holding her. (Don't even ask about shoes getting wet.)
We look ridiculous. But if it keeps us dry and the mini me happy, who am I to fight it? Truthfully, I'm too tired and pregnant to fight much of anything these days. You should see the bribes being tossed around this house.
3 more weeks....3 more weeks. ;)
xo,
H
I wish I could have seen this! I joke with my Uncle in SC about Piggly Wiggly!
ReplyDeletehahahaha i love it...i can literally picture you being totally NOT cool with that free umbrella.
ReplyDelete