Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Hoo-dy Hoo!

The other day Confessions of a Shopaholic came on TV, and ya'll...I identified with it. Not the whole, "let's use an ice-pick to break our emergency credit card out of the freezer" deal, but just the concept of impulsive purchases.

I don't know if I've mentioned this before (yes I do...), but we live in a pretty small town where Walmart is about as good as it gets in terms of shopping. If you wanna really jazz things up you can go one town over. They have a Walmart too.

Seriously.

Lucky for me, I work about 70 minutes away in an area that has a little more to offer in terms of places to go and things to do. It's not much better, but when you come from a town that only sports a Walmart, it does the job. That's where the impulsiveness comes in. I don't wanna sit at a desk all day, but I always pack a lunch, so I eat at my desk and then generally get out at some point in the afternoon to move around. It's about 100 degrees here right now, so I can't just walk outside, I need to be indoors somewhere...like Target, or Old Navy, or...I don't know...maybe Marshalls...

and then once I get there I can't just close my eyes or wear blinders (that would be awkward), so I peruse the store...

Oh my gosh, I've totally been needing a bathmat for our master bath for-ev-er, or you know, since the dog ate the last one:


And while we're in the bathroom section, I could really use a new towel hanger. The ones on the back of the door are on their last leg. (Price tag still on...$7.99...that's nothing.)


Then I take a peek at the dresses and see this little number. Excuse the bad lighting and iPhone pic, she really is cute, I swear. I'll absolutely wear this belted with heels and a cardi to work, or just with flats for a date night...


Have I mentioned I have a soft spot for home decor? That's when I saw it people...it was almost glowing and hooting at me to give it a home. Yes, the owl. Chic, right? Aren't I just so Young House Love ? I really think Sherry would approve. But you know who wouldn't? D. And that's why I hid this sucker on one of our living room shelves and waited for the reaction...



D via text: "Holy shit that owl is creepy."

He just doesn't get style. I tried to explain how contemporary it was. He didn't buy that either:

"Just cuz it's white doesn't mean it matches, that is terrifying."

Again I tried to plead my case...he's friendly! He'll scare away bugs!

"The last word I would use to describe that thing is friendly."

I have a problem. But since there are no shopaholic meetings anywhere close I'm just going to have to battle through this one. You'd never guess it by the sound of this post, but I am trying to go through my things and simplify and that's where YOU come in! I'm thinking about putting together a blog-sale. I'll post pictures and prices and if you like what you see, we can make some magic happen! I'm still in the process of getting things ready and figuring out Pay Pal or whatever the easiest process will be, but I think this might be a mutually beneficial deal folks.

So far I have a couple Coach bags, several J.Crew dresses, and things sporting tags from Banana Republic and Ann Taylor loft. Interested? Let me know! Again, this is in the early stages of production, so you might have to give me till next week to get it up and running, but if you're really enthusiastic about it, maybe I'll get my a$s in gear and try to get moving!

Till then I'll be off gazing at my new owl friend. The only animal in our house who doesn't make me crazy. :)

xo,
H

3 comments:

  1. LOVE that you're blogging a ton!! And I am SOLD for your blog-sale. What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bahaha you're hilarious---what's wrong with Wal-mart?! ;) You'll have to tell D that he was right, we've yet to be in a Wal-mart since we left. ;) I'd love to see these J Crew dresses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS that dress you posted here is adorable too--they just don't make dresses like that out of the south gal!

    ReplyDelete