My last day of CrossFit is this Friday, where we will weigh-in, take measurements, and track our body fat %. Then I have next week off before another session begins. I am already looking forward to having some really good runs next week and taking the basics that I've picked up from CrossFit to make-up my own workouts for a few days. I think just knowing that I'll be weighing back in the following week will keep me on track...plus, let's be honest, it's sort of an addicting lifestyle.
In the past almost 4 weeks, we've really done well with our eating and getting workouts in. There have been hiccups here and there, but D and I are at a point where we aren't letting our "variety day" derail us for the week and are also making smart choices everyday...smart and satisfying choices...which makes us enjoy mealtime and not jones for a bowl of queso everyday. (Only some days. Haha.)
I need treats in my life. So I don't deny myself, but I do try to make good choices...like a piece or 2 of Dove Dark Chocolate Almond Promises. They are SO good. Another hit? Almond Flour Cookies.
Almond Flour Cookies
Adapted from Evan at The Wannabe Chef and Tina at Carrots 'n' Cake
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar or 2 Tbsp Splenda (I use Splenda)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries*
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts *
Directions:
- Preheat oven to 375*F.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Mix well until batter is blended evenly.
- Roll batter into 1-inch balls and place on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake cookies for approximately 12-15 minutes.
- Remove cookies from baking sheet and allow to cool on wire rack.
- Eat and enjoy!
These turn out perfect every time and the fact that the recipe only makes 12 is my favorite part. They go pretty quickly around here. Also, if you haven't tried Almond Flour, you are missing out! It is pricey, but worth it in my opinion. Apparently you can make it at home with almonds and a food processor, but I haven't gotten that far yet. I found mine in the baking section of The Fresh Market and have heard you can find it at the commissary as well.
Notice the background in both the pictures? That is a sample of some fabric I ordered last weekend for a little kitchen project, which is up next on my house to-do list. I have another week or so until it arrives, but I'll elaborate soon. Several little changes to come in the kitchen/breakfast area if all goes well this month. :)
xo,
H
No comments:
Post a Comment