Friday, February 17, 2012

Playing Hooky and Craftiness

I know you all were wondering what happened to me yesterday...haha. ;) I have gotten pretty consistent on these weekday posts.

Well guess what?

I was sick. And by sick I mean, playing hooky and getting a schmillion errands taken care of. I literally was home for about 45 minutes yesterday and that was just to shower after the gym so that I didn't gross out my hairdresser. Some of my errands were fun. :)

Back to being a blondie

Some, like dry cleaning, returns, and visiting the Social Security Administration to apply for another card for Grace (because someone who took care of transporting all of our important papers during the move can't find it...) were not. All in all, the day was productive, not something I do often or ever really, and was definitely needed.

On to the kitchen!

The chairs have been officially completed and we are getting used to them. I'm still not 100% sure about how I feel, but I like the spa blue and greens WAY better than the old, gross fabric that came with the set.


One down, three to go.


The old
The new


Close up


Split pea vase filler...love it! Gotta get some new candles.

Funny story. The table and chairs were one of the first things D and I bought together after getting married. I remember we went back and forth about table height...should we go traditional or go with the taller, bar stool height? We concluded that we probably had several years before kids would be brought into the picture, so we went for the taller set. I got pregnant approximately one month later. It's almost as if God was laughing at us. Oh well...the taller table is here to stay for awhile and actually, the height works well with a highchair, so there ya go.

It's sort of bright...but you know, with 2 dogs and an almost 17 month old, I think we can go with bright and fresh. Other plans? I need a new rug for in front of the sink, dishtowels to carry the color into the kitchen and some wall art would be fun too. Baby steps here. By the time I have everything together, we'll probably be getting ready to move. ;)

This was a super easy, fun project that has left me ready to staple some more! I'm thinking headboard for the guestroom once I find some bedding? We will see!

Hope you all have a great holiday weekend.

xo,
H

6 comments:

  1. I'm recovering all my chairs now. Those look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was SO easy and the fabric is actually an indoor/outdoor kind, so I think it will hold up pretty well!

      Delete
  2. Your hair looks great!! And I love the chair fabric. Good job! I feel like I would screw that up..haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the new 'do! And the chairs look fab! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the new chairs----you'll love them too. They definitely "look" like your style and it's a nice touch. The other green fabric will be great--I love some pattern mixing lately :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the hair!!! and the chairs!!!! love your shirt and cardi too:)

    ReplyDelete