Thursday, May 10, 2012

Early Mother's Day Treats

So, Mother's Day is this Sunday.

Now that I'm a mother, I totally have a greater sense of appreciation for this holiday. Mother's deserve more than just a day to be celebrated...but if Hallmark says I get to take it easy this Sunday and revel in the love of my appreciative husband and child, then damnit, I'll just have to do it. ;)

This weekend we will be out of town doing a little house hunting, scoping out the new post, and meeting a blog friend for the first time. SO excited for it all! I have a feeling everything is going to go wonderfully and it will be so nice to arrive at Ft. Stewart and already have a friend. Army wives have to be proactive, yo.

Any who. Since we won't be home and my husband can't hold out on surprises I got my gift early. D and Grace presented me with a gift certificate for a spa package that includes a mani/pedi, facial, massage, and time in a sauna (kinda weird). Not only that...they booked it for me, so I officially have an appointment the following weekend and 3+ hours of time to RELAX. I'm just a looking forward to it a little bit. So thoughtful! Thanks, boo.

Surprise 2. 

Mid March we were all playing outside and I was taking a picture of Grace with my iPhone when Major (ughhh) ran into me and caused the accident of all accidents.

Behold:

Official Crime Scene Photo

I'll admit. It wasn't Major's fault later that week when I put the phone on top of the car while getting Grace out and caused it to fly ALL the way down our asphalt driveway. That one was all me. I've lived with it for the last few months because I'm the girl who doesn't pay for phone insurance, but when we were out running some errands this week, D suggested I look into fixing it so I stop embarrassing us with my ghetto iPhone. Umm, yeah. About that. It's $600+ to buy a new phone from AT&T without a new contract or upgrade so I was ready to switch back to my sad 3GS when they looked at our account and saw that D was eligible for an upgrade and I could take it instead.

Is it sad at how dependant we all are on technology when my heart exploded with love/joy/adoration when the hubs said I could take his upgrade?! What a sweet, sweet man. Love ya, babe. You are just earning points all over the place this week!

Not sure where this post is going, but I'm happy to report I'm now rocking a non-ghetto phone and subsequently bought insurance and a case. I'm back in business. Also, go take care of your mothers this weekend. They deserve it, if not only for dealing with you at age 19 months. Trust me, it's been a doozy. ;)

xo,
H

1 comment:

  1. Bahaha glad you got a new phone gal--that D is a sweet, sweet man.....even when he's keeping ya on your toes :) Happy belated Mother's day to you!

    ReplyDelete