The Workouts
I continue to go to CrossFit 4 days a week. The WODs have been pretty intense and I've decided that I prefer cardio based workouts over heavy weight lifting. Don't get me wrong, I love being able to see improvement in what I can do...but I like sweaty, fast paced WODs so workouts like this one from yesterday have been moving up on my list of favorites.
| See my time under 16:00 (that's 4pm for you non-Military peeps ;) The yellow was modified counts for newcomers. |
The Meal Plan
Eating Paleo during the week is easy. It makes me feel energized, less bloated, and I love meal planning. Full disclosure? I haven't been great on the weekends. Not bad by any means, but like I was explaining to one of my friends who does XFit/Paleo yesterday (Hey, Kara!), I feel like I take 2 steps forward every week and one back on the weekend. Cheating combined with skipping workouts isn't a great combo. Let's focus on the positive- here's a basic day of paleo eating during the week!
Breakfast- Coffee
Oatless Oatmeal with a spoonful of almond butter or topped with fruit
-or-
2 eggs with 2-3 slices turkey bacon and avocado
Snack- Apple or baby carrots or almonds
Lunch- Ginormo salad topped with rotisserie chicken and all the veggies I can find
Snack- Smoothie: Handful of spinach, scoop of protein powder, frozen strawberries, half a banana, and almond milk.
Dinner- Protein (Chicken, Fish, or something with ground Turkey) side of veggies, and sweet potato or grain.
This is just an idea. Things change and adjust day by day. I need treats in my life, so I have dark chocolate or dairy-free coconut ice cream
The Results
So far, so good! I've been getting on the scale less and won't take measurements until the end of the challenge, but I think I'm probably down a couple of pounds. We have a beach trip planned for Memorial Day weekend and as of now, the thought of getting in a two-piece is not horrifying, so I have that going for me. I'm pretty happy with how things look. For now, it's motivation to continue half-assing this challenge and to try and get better about my weekend workouts and food choices. ("Step away from the Cheez-It's, Heather. Those are for Grace...")
In conclusion: I am not a bad ass who can make it through a 6 week challenge by depriving myself of certain things. I'm a bad ass who really enjoys her food and enjoys working up a sweat too. :)
xo,
H
No comments:
Post a Comment