Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Workout Woes

Ever have a workout that just leaves you feeling...defeated?

Ugh.

It doesn't happen to me much, I usually feel like a can conquer the world after a good sweat sesh, but everyone once in awhile I basically get my a** handed to me and am just drained.

Take yesterday for example:

WOD

3 RFT (rounds for time)

21 Thrusters
21 Wall balls

3 RFT

7 Dead lifts
7 Pull ups

2 RFT (THANK GOD)

28 Burpees
28 Toes to Bar

------------------------------------------------------

It was rough, ya'll. I kind of hate thrusters with a passion and the weight we were using yesterday was heavy. I had one of those moments during the second round where I seriously wanted to say "screw this" and quit. (Don't get me started on quitting...can't stand it.) Anyways. I finished the WOD, it wasn't pretty, and I was probably a little dehydrated going in which didn't help. But I felt terrible after I was done. Like, bad enough that I had to take a moment to sit down and hydrate before driving home and my head started throbbing (does this ever happen to anyone?).

Total mizfest.

I came home and got on with life. You basically have to put on a happy face when a rambunctious 19 month old comes barreling towards the door yelling "Mama!!", excited to see you.

Today, I feel like I got hit by a bus. But the best medicine is going to be to keep moving, so I substituted a lunch time date with the treadmill for a Target run (haha) and will be back at Crossfit this afternoon. I need a good WOD to get back on track and a long talk with my foam roller so that I can make it down the stairs without looking like I'm 90 years old tomorrow.

Here's to getting back on the wagon and moving forward! What is your least favorite workout to do? Do you still incorporate it into your routine or skip it?! :)

xo,
H

1 comment:

  1. I loath planking and pushups. I definitely do push-ups all the time still, but planking I tend to cheat when it comes to that point in the workout. Miz.

    ReplyDelete