Monday, April 5, 2010

Pregnancy Week 13

As promised, below are my weekly highlights. As for the baby, it has made some pretty big progress this week as well! It's size can be compared to that of a peach and it is forming teeth and vocal cords. This week will also bring baby closer to normal proportions, with it's head now only one third the size of the body...so excited for our little hunny. (Thank you for the info, bump.com)

How far along?: 13 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: +5- glad this hasn't changed much in the last few weeks!
Maternity clothes?: No, but I have been relying mostly on skirts and dresses lately. Skirts that used to sit low on my hips have become high-waisted, but are still comfortable and work appropriate. If I do wear pants I think I'm down to 1 or 2 pairs that button and the rest I wear long tops to cover what I can't close!
Sleep: Good, but getting up closer to 3 or 4 times a night to pee. This gets old quickly. Laying there and trying to ignore it just makes it worse. :)
Best moment this week: Getting to sleep in while D took the dog out for a walk.
Movement: Too early still.
Food cravings: Skittles! Hey, if that's what the baby wants...
Gender: Not a clue...guesses? I might see if I can make a poll on here or something.
Belly Button in or out?: Very much in.
Stretchmarks?: No new ones yet.
What I miss: Not feeling like a boring, old couple. Like for example, when friends want to go out to a late dinner and we think about how it will interfere with bed time...
What I am looking forward to: Getting through the next few weeks with out any surprises and maybe even getting a bump so I have something to show for this whole baby thing.
Weekly Wisdom: Hmm...how about not comparing your pregnancy to other peoples. It is really easy to read other blogs out there and see girls who are really showing at my week and feel like I should be too. I've even seen some where they look like they have a bump at like 7 weeks! Crazy! (And who knows, those girls are probably 5'0'' and bloated...)
Milestones: Officially in the 2nd Trimester! :)

Once again, excuse the post workout look. Even D asked if I wanted to take this week's picture in athletic wear again...I do look cute for work, promise! There's your update ladies (and gent's?). Now if you'll excuse me,I'm off to have vanilla ice cream topped with strawberries and sugar...you should try it, pregnant or not. :)

xo,

H

2 comments:

  1. Heather you have a little baby bump working its way out! You're too cute!!!! My guess is a boy:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The baby bump is starting to show!!! omg heather you look sooooooo cute!!!!!!! My guess is a boy:)

    ReplyDelete