Monday, April 12, 2010

Pregnancy Week 14

Another week down! I love hitting these weekly milestones and getting my email updates on how big the baby is and what it's up to. I've also discovered that I am super competitive and get a sick satisfaction about being further along than other people when I see posts from other preggo women on thebump.com or blogs. Weird, right?

So, this week Baby M is about the size of a lemon and is busy with thumb sucking, toe wiggling, (not so cute but equally amazing) making urine, and breathing amniotic fluid as the liver, kidneys, and spleen continue to develop. Lanugo (thin, downy hair) is growing all over her body for warmth. (Again, thanks bump.com for the updates!)

Now here are mine...

How far along?: 14 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: +6.5...I think I spoke too soon last week about things staying consistent.
Maternity clothes?: I'm in desperate need of pants/capris, etc. I officially said "see-ya" to all size 6 shorts this weekend (anything smaller than that has been gone for awhile!), and my "fat" shorts that I could slide on and off without buttoning last summer won't even come close fitting correctly. See unflattering picture below for proof.
Sleep: The usual.
Best moment this week: Getting a little treat in the mail from my awesome sister-in-law! :) Thank you!!!
Movement: Too early still.
Food cravings: This week...I'm embarrassed to say, hotdogs. I'm like a pregnant trucker.
Gender: Still not sure...my first instinct was boy, but now I'm less convinced...
Belly Button in or out?: Very much in.
Stretchmarks?: No new ones here, thanks to my Belli oil and lotion. :)
What I miss: Not being closer to family and friends. That would make the next 5.5 months so much more exciting.
What I am looking forward to: My next appointment in 2 weeks!
Weekly Wisdom: I got nothing this week.
Milestones: Officially in the 2nd tri until week 28...that seems so far away.
This week's pics are horrendous. Don't judge:




Pardon the blurriness. I swear we will start using real cameras to take these pictures instead of taking the easy way out via iPhone. I had a front view picture, but it was just too nauseating to post...just trying to help you guys out here! I'll be back tomorrow to tell you about our awesome weekend- and I'll leave you with this...Alligator Farm...

xo,
H

1 comment:

  1. Pregnant trucker! Love it! Alligator farm...CANNOT wait to hear about that! :)

    ReplyDelete