It was very basic...I only gained 4.5 pounds in the last month- SCORE. My blood pressure is normal.
G's heart rate was 157 andddd of course she was measuring a little over 2 weeks ahead, like she has been consistently for the last 14 or so weeks. The doctor's response to this was ,"let's not get excited." Nice touch.
She's not my favorite person right now. Maybe I lost a little respect for her after I asked an exercise related question and she googled the answer right in front of me. Needless to say, I wasn't impressed. From there she said that my next appointment would be at 36 weeks and to schedule it for September 14th on my way out. When I went to the counter to book my next appointment, it was still too far in advance, so they took my information and said they would have someone call me to set up a time.
Fast forward to yesterday:
Donna, my new favorite person, call's to set something up. She asks what my due date is.
(October 7-9? I've heard each day multiple times...)
She replies that my ultrasound has the estimated due date as September 24th and they'd like to go ahead and schedule me for my 36 week check-up next Friday with a different doctor to get a second opinion on the whole date/measuring big issue. I agree, because who wants a doctor that googles?! So now the plan is to go back in on the 27th to see what the H is going on, and if our little chunker is just measuring on the large side, hopefully they won't make me suffer through birthing a kindergartner and will speed things up a little bit.
Clearly I will update on that next week. For now I'm off to do my 32 week write-up (or is it 34?!) that I have been severely slacking on.
A chubby baby picture for your viewing pleasure... :)
H
P.S. Did anyone else whip out their calendars and notice that the 24th of September is roughly 5.5 weeks away? I highly doubt we will have a baby by then...but maybe this will get the ball rolling to induce if she goes much later than that. I guess we will have to wait and see...
WOW! That's all so exciting. Not the google part... lol I see two docs at my office and I like the male, but the female... not.so.much. She just looks down at my electronic chart the whole time. C'mon, couldn't you have read up about me BEFORE you walked in? Maybe your due date will be somewhere nice in the middle. Glad you get another opinion for peace of mine though!
ReplyDelete