WRONG!
Apparently flying on a plane and deciding to hit the mall and outlets for about 5 hours your first day of vacation, followed by a rehearsal dinner in heels that same evening is not conducive to having shapely feet...or fingers...or really any body part.
What can you do? Our vacation was fast and fabulous and swollen feet were a small price to pay when seeing your best friends after 8 long months apart! I'll share more on our trip and the baby shower later, but let's get back into the swing of things with a weekly update!
How far along?: 31 weeks
Total weight gain?: Too scared to step on a scale after the past 5 or so days. 28-29 maybe?
Maternity clothes: Same as the last few weeks. I actually got a ton of non-maternity dresses while on vacay that are super flattering. Thank you, Leesburg Outlets!
Sleep: Not great since we were up late (compared to our usual schedule). It feels awesome to be back in our comfy bed, so hopefully it gets better now that we're home.
Best moment of the week: Seeing both D's and my family and friends. Showing our little girl/my bump off to the future grandparents- and great grandparents!
Movement: So much and so strong. My ribs are starting to get knocked around and my lungs feel a little crushed these days. I'm trying to sit up as straight as possible...I guess that seems to help.
Food cravings: This past weekend it was all about CAKE! Mmmm...and fondant...
Gender: She better still be a girl after this past weekend's baby shower. It looks like pink exploded in our baby room. :)
Belly button: Flat with the top poking out a little bit
Stretchmarks?: None yet
What I miss: Living close to my support system.
What I'm looking forward to: 32 week appointment this Friday and officially filling out our hospital paperwork. We will also be signing up for some classes and a tour! It is starting to feel so real and CLOSE!
Weekly Wisdom: It's okay to eat 5+ pieces of cake in a 3 day period of time and not feel guilty. :)
Milestones: I know I used this last week, but my baby shower was on Sunday. We are seriously so lucky to have the friends and family that we do. I feel SO much more prepared and will be putting finishing touches on the nursery in the next week or two. (And yes...I will take pictures!) :)
This baby shower pic (thanks, Dara!) is going to be my bump pic for the week:
Can't wait to share more pictures from this weekend and the shower. It's looking like a busy week, but I'll play catch up and get some posts up here for you all!
xo,
H
You're adorable and I love you!!! MIss you!!!
ReplyDeleteYou look great! Can't wait to read/see pics of the baby shower. Mine's in October :)
ReplyDelete