First things first, the baby's room is a cute little size. When you walk in there is a window against the opposite wall, a closet to the right, and the wall to the left is blank. The blank wall, with no windows, doors, or closets to get in the way will be where we paint our "accent" wall. If we Baby M is a girl, it will probably be a light green. Her crib will go on this wall.
I really like this bedding pattern, but literally nothing else about the room (other than that adorable little lady). Doesn't it look like someone threw up pink? I would accent with lots of green to keep things from looking too girly.
A close-up of the bedding (Pottery Barn Kids, Spring Bouquet). This would be the pinkest thing in the room.
Love the idea of shelves with cute mementos.
We'd do green panel curtains on the window.
This is my biggest dream room item...a gorgeous, fluffy rocker with ottoman (not pictured). Imagine a pink quilt over the back and cute pillow.
Maybe pink lamp shades?I would also use light yellow as another accent color. I want her name in letters on the wall and I'm undecided on furniture color. White is very girly, but a nice dark wood would last through multiple children. I'm all about just having to change out bedding if the next one (in sevvverrrralll years) is the opposite gender.
That's all for now, but I'm sure I'll change my mind on all of this in the next couple of weeks. It will be fun to see how the room turns out compared to my inspiration!
I'll try to get a boy's room up tomorrow. :)
xo,
H


No comments:
Post a Comment