...pick your poison.
I'm having a gloomy kind of day because it looks yucky outside AND my baby girl is at the vet getting her lady parts fixed. Poor, sweet puppy. :( We cuddled extra long this morning...before I made D take her to her appointment so I don't look like the bad guy. She gets picked up around 3 so hopefully all goes well and we have a nice, quiet "family" night tonight.
Sheesh. Imagine how our child's doctor appointments will go.
In other gloomy news, here is my list of pregnancy things that suck and no one warns you about. If you're not into TMI (it's not that bad, promise), please click the little X in the corner now:
1. Unless you are in the lucky 3% of women who get what is known as the "pregnancy glow" you will end up with acne that rivals a 14 year old Miley Cyrus fan. Guess which boat I'm in?
2. That acne is not confined to your face. It will migrate to random places, like the neck, collarbone, boobs, upper back, etc. Oh, and you can't use half of the skin products on the market. Nope. It's really great.
3. Although you are no longer bleeding each month, you will likely have to stock up on feminine products- specifically panty (eww- terrible word) liners. That is because things still like to flow in that area. Google: "snail trail" and throw up your lunch.
4. Your libido goes on a vacation. (Or apparently comes to visit with all of it's relatives for some women...)
5. You will spend more on toilet paper than you ever have in your life. You pee that much. Seriously, yesterday I got to 2.75 miles (roughly 25 minutes) on a treadmill before the pee feeling started to set in and I was excited I'd made it that long.
6. People give you their opinions ALL the time. Especially when you don't ask or want them. (If another person I work with tells me how small I am and rolls their eyes when I say I've gained almost 10 lbs I will punch them square in the face.)
7. That brings us to hormones. No amount of reading or research will prepare you for how crazy you will become. One minute you are so lovey your husband might ask if you are feeling okay, the next you might bawl during an episode of Glee...
8. Places hurt that normally wouldn't. No specifics, just random soreness or aches. Most recently that place has been my hips, which make it difficult to sleep on your side without waking up every hour on the hour...
Ok, that's all the complaining I can muster up for now. Looking at my whiny list makes me feel dumb for complaining when we're barely halfway through and I don't even have a belly that is substantial enough for people to realize that there's a baby in there. I'm going to go eat some cheese and grapes and cry at my desk...haaa, jk about the cry part (I'll definitely be eating), I'm going to procrastinate some more and plan my meals for the weekend! Mmmm...foodddddd, my true love. ;)
What's everyone else up to? Miss you guys!
xo,
H
No comments:
Post a Comment