Monday, May 24, 2010

Pregnancy Week 20

I've been thinking about how happy I would be to write this post for so long and now that it's here I kind of feel like it is just another day. I am veryyy happy that we are over the halfway hump, but I still have a long 19+ weeks to go...

How far along?: 20 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: +13.5. Whatever.
Maternity clothes?: Here and there. Today I'm in a non-maternity dress. During the weekend it is mostly yoga pants or shorts. Comfort is key!
Sleep: Loving it- and loving that Baby M likes to wiggle around right as I'm laying down. It's not strong enough to keep me up, rather it is kind of a fun way to "say goodnight".
Best moment this week: Having someone ask how far along I am!
Movement: Every day, multiple times a day. :)
Food Cravings: Fruit and veggies...and I hope this craving sticks around.
Gender: T minus 10 days! Some guy told D that the Chinese Gender Chart was 100% accurate, so he's walking around all smug and sure that it is a boy.
Belly Button: Innie
Stretchmarks?:
No new ones yet, but older ones on my upper thighs are looking more pronounced. Yuck.
What I miss: Thinner legs.
What I am looking forward to: Having a lot of quality time with D this week...and of course our next appointment.
Weekly Wisdom: Meal plan, invest in low-cal desserts to have at home so that you don't have an urge to hit up the drive thru for a McFlurry...haha, or give in and do it every once in awhile, cause why not (they have "snack" sizes now)?!
Milestones: Baby's now the size of a cantaloupe! Baby gulps down several ounces of amniotic fluid every day, both for nutrition and to practice swallowing and digesting. And, these days, those taste buds actually work! Studies show that after birth, babies respond best to tastes they've already had via amniotic fluid. Meaning, think about what you'd like your future child to eat as you prepare your own lunch.

Week 21, here we come:



xo,

H

No comments:

Post a Comment